A API é um ótimo local para se trabalhar. Pergunte a qualquer um de nossos funcionários. Somos uma empresa privada e familiar, com espírito empreendedor e uma equipe global e diversificada. Temos orgulho dos produtos que produzimos para nossos clientes, vários deles sendo líderes do mercado.
Os funcionários contratados da API têm direito a uma gama de benefícios, tais como assistência médica, oftalmológica e odontológica, bem como programa 401(k), bônus e descanso remunerado.
Mande um e-mail para email@example.com para uma vaga em qualquer cargo, com seu currículo e uma carta de apresentação. Veja as vagas disponíveis na API.
USA North America
Application Engineer (Tustin, CA)
For over 28 years, Automated Precision Inc. (API) has used advanced metrology to develop customized solutions for the world's leading companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Voith Hydro, Duke Energy, Ford and many others. API offers a unique mix of innovative engineering capabilities, superior product quality and outstanding customer service to help improve your business and bottom line. API’s award winning products (Radian Laser Tracker, Omnitrac2 Laser Tracker, XD Laser, Swivel Check, Active Target, Spindle Analyzer, Ball Bar and SMRs) are manufactured in the United States and are used by many of the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, machine tool, and energy companies.
In 2008, API launched its highly successful Global Services Division. API Services specializes in three-dimensional measurements and high-value metrology solutions. API Services is home to some of the world’s leading three-dimensional metrology technical experts, with many certified by the Coordinate Metrology Society. With over 200 years of combined metrology experience, our measurement specialists are the authority on the latest three-dimensional measurement systems such as laser trackers, digital photogrammetry, 3D laser scanning systems and other integrated systems. Our core personnel come from the same industries we serve: aerospace, automotive, shipbuilding and energy. The machine tool calibration team is world-class, offering the latest machine compensation methods, including volumetric solutions. Supporting our technical experts are API’s Engineering Team with 25 people having multiple Ph.D., Master’s and Bachelor Degrees.
To solve your problems, Automated Precision offers metrology products, dimensional inspection and services including consulting, calibration, machine tool error mapping, contract measurement, 3D CAD modeling and reverse engineering. The continuous integration of the most advanced measurement technologies available today and superior customer support are the primary objectives of API.
Significant experience with one or more models of Laser Trackers. Additional experience with Photogrammetry, Portable CMM Arms, Handheld and/or Large Format Hemispherical Scanners and Total Stations is preferable. Proficiency with computers is a must along with the use of Microsoft Office Programs.
Laser Tracker measurement software packages to include Metrologic, Spatial Analyzer, PolyWorks, or Verisurf experience preferred. Familiarity with tooling and optics or prior jig and fixture builder or tool making experience is beneficial. Strong mechanical aptitude, math skills, and ability to read drawings desired. GD&T compentency is a must.
The applicant must be willing to travel extensively to customer sites, work scheduled overtime and weekends. Trips home provided between jobs (typically at least once per month). Willing to train motivated candidates with vocational, surveying or engineering background, and a desire to learn and become proficient in the metrology industry. Positions available for all levels of experience and education. Candidates must live within 25 miles of a major US international airport.
As an Application Engineer, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing expert metrology services (with Laser Trackers, Scanners, Portable CMM’s, Total Stations, etc. with user software) at customer’s sites with limited to no supervision
- Generate customer reports and other data supporting your work at customer sites. Provide expense and labor reports in a timely fashion to our administrative to support billing.
- Supporting your Regional Sales Manager by assisting to perform weekly onsite demonstrations and customer meetings
- Identifying potential applications in every account that are most suited for our products and services and communicating to the appropriate personnel
- Establishing very close working rapport with our customers and you must have a strong desire to support our valued customers.
- Possess a valid driver's license and legally be able to operate a company vehicle (also must have personal vehicle available for use)
- Possess a Government Passport
- US Citizen
- Be fit for duty (pass a drug screening)
- Be able to pass a background check (must be able to be badged at customer facilities)
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team
- Have good customer relations skills
- Be able to physically perform all duties required which may include: bending, lifting, carrying, squatting, moving around in confined spaces or being on your feet for prolonged periods of time
- Be willing to work around industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as use hand and power tools
- Be willing to work indoors and outdoors, occasionally in extreme temperatures
- Be willing to work occasionally on elevated platforms, scaffolding, or climbing ladders
- Be able to wear breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment (infrequently)
- Be willing to wear safety equipment when necessary
- Be willing to dress in a professional manner and wear company clothing at customer sites.
- Be willing to travel extensively (75%) and work in several different geographic locations
You must be a professional with an energetic and positive attitude. You must be able to work with a team of business professionals that helps each other bring the finest metrology products and services to our valued customers.
Director of Engineering (Rockville, MD)
Director of Engineering
- Plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization.
- Oversee product engineering operations and ensure all engineering projects, initiatives and processes are in conformance with organization’s established procedures and objectives.
- Consult with Chief Technology Officer and engage Production Manager to create long-range operating and manufacturing goals specific to business objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing team to determine market potential for new products.
- Develop new products from concept to testing to production.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of R&D projects.
- Review project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Recruit, provide training and mentoring of engineers as and when needed.
- Advanced engineering and physical science degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge with at least two of the following disciplines: laser & optics, software development, electrical and/or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of related experience in a leadership role
- Experience in the field of precision dimensional instrumentation development
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills
Accounting Assistant (Rockville, MD)
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for the daily administration and support of the Operations Department. The right candidate has a keen eye for detail and is able to work well in a deadline driven environment with minimal supervision. In this role, 50% of time will spend on account receivable and account payable functions.
· Act as first line of contact for in-coming calls and visitors.
· Provide general administrative and customer support for Operations Department.
· Handles account receivable collection calls and account payable data entry.
· Perform other related administrative or accounting tasks as required.
· Maintain office and manage incoming mails.
· Assist with special events and meetings, travel arrangements etc.
· Work on special projects as and when required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Experience with Epicor system a plus.
· Min. Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· 2 years of account payable and account receivable experience a must.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal customer service skills.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be punctual and dependable.
Electro-Optics Engineer (Rockville, MD)
Automated Precision Inc. (API) is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team an Electro-Optics Engineer.
The Ideal Candidate will be hired to work in the area of electro-optics, optical metrology and camera-based ranging systems. We are looking for a candidate who can support interdisciplinary projects in production with expertise in optical systems, optical sensing and metrology. This position requires working closely with the R&D Engineering and Production teams covering company’s current technologies related to metrology and measurement instruments. You must be a problem solver, have a “can-do” approach to every challenge and be able to communicate openly and effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
- Complete electro-optical components testing and characterization, include but not limited to lasers, photodetectors, optical switches, optical modulators, and fiber optics
- Build interferometry and triangulation based optical modules and systems for high accuracy ranging
- Process both digital and analog signals from the system for debugging, optimization, quality control
- Perform failure mode analysis and work with R&D and production engineers for product design improvements and optimize production procedures
- Work on the product electrical and optical design, analysis and development of mechanical components accessories, systems and equipment
- Define technical specs and tolerances
- Confirm fabrication, assembly and installation processes
- Perform basic metrology analysis, calibration and verification by collecting system information such as distance, angle, acceleration, and environmental data like temperature, humidity and other sensor signals
- Mentor junior engineers through process, design, analysis, etc.
Advanced engineering degree, preferred with 1+ year industry experience in physics, high-speed electrical-optics:
- Deep understanding in electro-optical devices
- Deep understanding of computer vision, depth camera, interferometry, and triangulation
- Familiar with free space optics simulation tools like Zemax or Code V
- Knowledge in electronics, PCBs, and understand the basics of electro-optical device control circuits
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis capability (CAPA)
- Good hands-on skills in system testing, failure analysis and design of experiments
- Knowledge in numerical analysis
- Knowledge in signal processing and its related coding (Python and Matlab)
- Familiar with FMEA, IPQC
- Knowledge in fiber optics and light detection is a plus
- Demonstrated accomplishments in projects is a plus
Preferred skills, licenses/certifications
- Oscilloscope, OSA, power meters, fiber fusion splicer
- CMOS sensors
- Sensor fusion
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and working well under pressure
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Robotics Engineer (Rockville, MD)
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced, creative environment. Join the team of mechanical engineer of precision metrology instruments, who research product ideas, develop concepts and take products from initial design, including mechanical design, calibration method development, algorithm development, product prototyping, through production and postproduction support. The ideal candidate will participate in development of sensor calibration method and system kinematics modeling for system calibration to ensure the accuracy of the designed products, and conduct system accuracy test. The engineer will work closely with engineers from electronics, optics, software and other R&D groups.
· PhD Degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related Engineering major.
· Hands-on experience in precision instrument or test and measurement industry
· Scientific computation with matrix.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong Math Skills. Familiarity with 3D Geometry and Coordinate Transformation.
· Familiarity with system Kinematics Modeling.
· Strong background in Robotics.
· Experience with C/C++ coding.
· Experience with python coding.
· Familiarity with Matlab coding is a plus.
· Image processing is a plus.
· Understanding with Sensor Calibration is a plus.
· Mechanical design with Solidworks is a plus.
Laser Tracker Operator ( Metro Detroit MI Area)
Title: Laser Tracker Operator
Description: API’s Exact Laser Measurement (ELM) Division is seeking motivated young professionals for full-time measurement work in the Metro-Detroit area. Tracker Operators will take ELM equipment to customer sites and perform touch and scanning measurements, delivering fast, accurate results that keep customer manufacturing processes running smoothly. Tracker Operators will work in a variety of industrial environments, making inspections and verifications at various stages of the manufacturing process, from machine and factory component alignment to part inspection/verification to building scanning. Tracker Operators may also perform Laser Tracker Certification and other duties as directed out of our Plymouth, MI office. Tracker Operators will receive comprehensive in-house training on equipment setup/operation, software use, and best practices. Trainees will need to sign 1-year service commitment to ELM.
Requirements: Applicants must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and basic math skills. CAD Knowledge is preferred. Applicant must have, or be able to apply for, a passport and be willing to travel. Applicant must have clean driving record and pass a drug screening and criminal background check. Applicant must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Comprehensive training available
- Overtime hours available
- Career advancement opportunities
Inside Sales Support (Plymouth, MI)
The Inside Sales Support is responsible to develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers primarily by phone or email, working with Marketing team and Regional Sales, to increase sales of products and/or services.
· Identify revenue opportunities within customers’ communities through communications, programs and other activities as needed.
· Prospect, qualify and generate sales leads following company’s proprietary lead generation process which is primarily email-based.
· Telephone or email prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drie leads through the sales pipeline.
· Respond to requests from customers for information and provide quotes.
· Support Regional Sales by providing quote generation and coordinating meetings with customers.
· Keep management informed of all activities including timely preparation of reports.
· Other duties as and when assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 1-2 years in sales, customer service or related field.
· Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
· Experience with CRM.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Sales Engineer (Detroit, Wichita or Dallas areas)
Role: The Sales Engineer is part of the sales team in a defined area, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, solution design/engineering/consulting, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for API’s full suite of products and solutions.
Develop specific sales plans by account in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager establishing annual sales goals and budgets for the territory.
Become proficient using API equipment having the ability to demonstrate and promote key features and technical selling point at customer locations.
Become proficient in using API’s CRM and manage details of customer contacts within the system.
Develop a personal rapport with customers personnel and key decision makers in the customers organization. Map out the buying paths for each customer providing names, positions and contact information for each into the CRM.
Call prospective customers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to arrange visit and demonstration.
Provide day-to-day customer sales support in the respective territory. Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions directly or where beyond technical capability, directing customer’s requests to the respective Headquarters support personnel.
Gain customers confidence by being able to explain and demonstrate how API equipment can provide process cost reductions and offer productivity improvements for their business.
Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain API’s products or services to existing and prospective customers.
Prepare and deliver customer quotations fulfilling specific customer requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Related Science, and a desire to connect with customers and help to sell API products and services.
The ideal candidate would be in the Detroit, Wichita or Dallas areas and must be able to travel on a regular basis.
Europe / Germany
You find our vacancies for Germany and Europe in the API Job Portal.