Name: Agnes Robinson Position: Sr. Operations Manager Years with the company: 9 1/2 years
1) What was your childhood like?
I grew up in a small town in north central Ohio near Lake Erie. I was the youngest (and cutest) of 6 children. My childhood was fun, creative and carefree – of course this was before PCs, the internet, video games, cell phones, and over sensationalized news. Life was much simpler and carefree back then; I was able to just be a kid. In the summers, my neighborhood friends and I played outside from the time we got up in the morning until after the lightening bugs came out, and our dinner was cold. Our parents never had to worry much about what we were up to.
2) Who was a hero to you growing up? Why?
I had two… Astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. I remember how my parents’ eyes were glued to the news on our very first color tv watching their moon walk. It made quite the impression on me as a child that these were American pilgrims going into dangerous and uncharted territory.
3) What are your hobbies?
I love crafts – sewing, wreath making, card making, scrap booking.
4) How did you end up in metrology? Did you go to school for it?
I went to school for Business Management, and I had been in manufacturing for over 15 years before coming to API. I did not have exposure to metrology before API. In fact, when I interviewed with [API President] Joe Bioty, he had to explain to me that it had nothing to do with the weather.
5) How did you come to be at API?
We raised our family in Wisconsin and worked in Minnesota. When we became empty nesters, my husband wanted to accept a new job away from the bitter winters and massive snow removal operations of the Minneapolis Airport where he worked. He accepted a position in Virginia, and I applied for the Human Resources Manager position at API. The rest, as they say, is history.
6) What are your roles and responsibilities with API?
As Sr. Operations Manager, I am responsible for managing the manufacturing activities, personnel, and costs to produce quality metrology products within budget and on time.
7) What sets API apart from other metrology companies in your mind?
Our Founder and COO, Dr. Kam Lau, has an endless vision and passion for developing technologies and services that solve our end users’ problems in quality or resource improvements needed in their industries.
8) What API Product or Service are you most excited to tell people about?
I tell them about all our instruments, because I know the care and passion that our team members put into designing and producing each one. As the Sr. Operations Manager, I’m like a parent to all our equipment – I would never admit I have a favorite.
9) What about API’s future excites you?
The world’s economy has been shaky this year with COVID-19, but I have seen our teams unite to find ways to meet the customer’s demand for API products and services. I love working with people who hold this type of commitment for a company and for the products and services they deliver to their customers.
10) What does “Nothing Beyond Measure” mean to you?
When it comes to measurement solutions, API will help our customers to overcome any problems they have.
Read More API News
- Employee Profile: Arturo QuintoName: Arturo Quinto Position: Product Manager Years with the company: 12 years 1) What was … Read More
- What is Industry 4.0?What is Industry 4.0? The term Industry 4.0 is used a lot when discussing modern manufacturing plants. It’s become a popular buzzword usually accompanied by … Read More
- Employee Profile: Aggie RobinsonName: Agnes Robinson Position: Sr. Operations Manager Years with the company: … Read More