Name: Emmanuel Putman
Position: Application Engineer Team Lead
Years with the company: 5.5
1) What was your childhood like?
I grew up in a modest middle-class neighborhood (not far from API Headquarters!)
2) Who was a hero to you growing up? Why?
One of my heroes was John Riggins, former running back for the (then) Washington Redskins. He always gave 100% and could be relied on to get the job done.
3) What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are spending time with my family, tinkering with old cars, and playing darts.
4) How did you end up in metrology? Did you go to school for it?
Metrology was a career change for me, but I have always been interested in electronics. I have learned, and am always learning, about metrology from all the talented people here at API.
5) How did you come to be at API?
I had some experience in a similar family-owned electronics manufacturing company in the past, and I responded to an opportunity to work in the Calibration Lab at API.
6) What are your roles and responsibilities with API?
Among my responsibilities are to perform the final outgoing testing for many of API’s devices, process and prioritize incoming and outgoing repairs, and provide technical support to API’s customers and API staff at other locations.
7) What sets API apart from other metrology companies in your mind?
I feel that the API’s prompt and personalized attention to their customer’s needs and requests sets us apart from other metrology companies.
8) What about API’s future excites you?
It is exciting to watch and follow the development of API’s newest innovations that offer unique metrology solutions for today’s ever-changing technology.
9) What does “Nothing Beyond Measure” mean to you?
I think it conveys API’s desire to take on the challenge of developing and providing innovative solutions that help our customers to be more efficient and productive.