Name: Justin Reynolds
Position: ISS Team Lead, North America
Years with the company: 5
1) What was your childhood like?
I grew up deep in the Appalachian Mountains in Rural Southwest Virginia. I spent a lot of time in the woods and on the river.
2) Who was a hero to you growing up? Why?
My Hero was and is my father. Watching him navigate life and all of its challenges and still be a great father and husband has given me the framework to become the father and husband I am today.
3) What are your hobbies?
I have a lot of hobbies. I like playing video games, but I also like being outdoors and skiing, and also some more artistic things like foam smithing.
4) How did you end up in metrology? Did you go to school for it?
I wound up hearing about the ISS position from a friend of a friend, so I did not go to school for it. I actually spent 15 Years in the restaurant industry as a chef and a bartender.
5) What are your roles and responsibilities with API?
My role with API is Inside Sales Support (ISS) Team Lead for North America, and I am responsible for helping to oversee ISS as a whole, in correlation to lead generation, quoting, sales support, as well as being a first point of contact and support for all customers.
6) What sets API apart from other metrology companies in your mind?
API has a small business feel with big business capabilities, and we truly have a customer service driven outlook.
7) What API Product or Service are you most excited to tell people about?
It’s one I can’t quite talk about yet. But I think I might be able to later this year.
8) What about API’s future excites you?
The product I can’t quite talk about yet. It’s a real game-changer.
9) What does “Nothing Beyond Measure” mean to you?
Nothing Beyond Measure means API will do whatever is needed to provide our customers with a quality solution.