Name: Luise Fritsch
Position: Sales Support Engineer
Years with the company: 2
1) What was your childhood like?
I grew up with my parents and two brothers in the cathedral city of Speyer in the beautiful southern German Palatinate.
2) Who was a hero to you growing up? Why?
Clearly my family. For me, my grandma is a particular role model. With her wisdom and happiness, she led our family into her old age. In addition, she cooked the best food and even made steamed noodles for the whole family at the age of 97 without help.
3) What are your hobbies?
My greatest passion is video games to this day. As a child I had a Gameboy and then my own PC. The fantasy worlds inspire me in everyday life, and I have found true friends through the various communities. I also like playing sports and am currently training for a half marathon.
4) How did you end up in metrology? Did you go to school for it?
I studied geoinformatics and surveying and became enthusiastic about the acquisition and preservation of objects of cultural heritage. My interest grew through this track to industrially used measurement technology.
5) How did you come to be at API?
After I graduated, I applied to API and got my first job in the market.
6) What are your roles and responsibilities with API?
I am part of the sales team and am mainly responsible for southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I also conduct software and hardware training for customers and partners.
7) What sets API apart from other metrology companies in your mind?
API has been holding its own in the dimensional metrology market for more than 30 years with its innovative products in laser measurement technology. Need I say more?
8) What API Product or Service are you most excited to tell people about?
Our Radian Laser Tracker series.
9) What about API’s future excites you?
API as a company has always been innovative. This will not change in the future. I am happy to be part of the entire process and to delight our customers.
10) What does “Nothing Beyond Measure” mean to you?
For me, “Nothing Beyond Measure” means working out a solution together with the customer. In addition to the hardware and software, this also includes support for difficult questions and excellent communication.